Loaded boards are a beautiful natural phenomena, carefully observed and documented by someone that sounds a lot like David Attenborough.
In this episode of cheesy and quirky sarcasm from Loaded Longboards we get a chance to witness a rare natural phenomena. The birthing ritual of the new Icarus board! Its not common that we are able to observe longboards mating in captivity, but whoever sounds a lot like David Attenborough was clearly sneaky enough with a camera to get some footy. Usually longboard companies are very shy about making their construction processes publicly visible. This was honestly really interesting to watch! The Loaded Icarus is a very unique board in that the wheel flares are so extremely curved they need to be made with separate pieces. Although this adds several extra steps, and increases the cost, it makes for a WICKED shape.
Here is a fully grown and matured Loaded Icarus, with full seasonal plumage.
If you want to have more than just a pretty deck, here are some things we suggest to combine with the Loaded Icarus to make it a fun complete skateboard.
– Precision 8mm axle holes
– .4045″ built in spacers
– .5mm built in speedrings
– Green rubber seals to keep dirt and debris on the outside of the bearing.
– Lubed with Custom Nanoceramic Grease
-The unique feature of the lubricant is how the nanoceramic compound fills in deformations or asperities in the bearing. These deformations cause friction and heat around them which hardens the nano-ceramic compound to that specific area. This micro coating is 5 times the hardness of the host alloy and has a molecular bond with the host metal, filling in all the asperities and eliminating friction over time.
-The coefficient of friction is the lowest in the field of Tribology at 0.003% creating a near frictionless surface. Mainly because the nanoceramic compound eliminates all asperities.
-Extremely low water washout
-Corrosion on the inside of the bearing is nearly eliminated.
Sold in sets of 8 bearings.
• 3 Sizes including Youth- and female-friendly sizing
• UHMW palm and thumb pucks and hard plastic finger pucks
• Reflective accents ensure visibility on low-light excursions.
• Coolmax lining and vented mesh for comfort
• Cordura® / Kevlar® / synthetic suede / Lycra® outer construction for durability
• Poron XRD® palm padding and viscoelastic foam knuckle pad for protection
100% Vegan: We test our products on humans.